Learn how to develop a plan for identifying, reaching, and building relationships with underserved communities.
You know your library could do more to connect with and respond to the systematically excluded communities you serve. But if you're starting with little or no existing connection, how do you build authentic, trust-based relationships? How do you go beyond transactional interactions and guessing at services to effective engagement and participation? This webinar will help you develop a plan for identifying, reaching, and building relationships with communities experiencing oppression.
As a result of this webinar, you will be able to:
- Articulate the connection between relationship-building and equity, diversity, inclusion and social justice (EDISJ) in library services
- Create, maintain, and utilize a simple asset map to understand your community's ecosystem
- Apply the principles of asset-based community development to your own projects
- Dr. Audrey Barbakoff, CEO of Co/Lab Capacity, and co-author, The Twelve Steps to a Community-Led Library
- Amita Lonial, Deputy Director, Tacoma Public Library
- Mia Henry, Founder and CEO, Freedom Lifted
This webinar is presented by WebJunction.
If you're unable to attend the live event, a recording will be distributed after the event.