Program Type:Online Course
Aug 14 - Sept 25, 2023 | Six-week course
This course will provide students with an understanding of the key elements, best practices, methodologies, and overall processes for successfully planning, designing, constructing, maintaining, and evaluating library buildings. The overarching goal of the course is to prepare participants to lead any type of facilities projects with the knowledge of how to plan and build functional, adaptable, forward-thinking, community-centric libraries and spaces.
- List building maintenance and operation procedures for effective budgeting and selection of maintenance programs and staff.
- Describe short- and long-range capital improvement and facility development plans.
- List procedures in employing architectural, engineering and consultant assistance in building maintenance and development programs.
- Describe key components and required information in developing building programs.
- Describe the planning and construction processes for renovated or new facilities.
- Describe the roles of other governmental entities in developing building programs and renovation/new facilities plans.
- List life and safety issues in building operation and planning.
- List technology planning needs and building requirements.
- Describe post-occupancy evaluation procedures.
- Understand issues related to emergency, disaster, and other unexpected situations within the building.
Instructor: Kimberly Bolan
CALL Training Partner for this Event: American Library Association
I understand that, if my application is accepted, a space will be reserved for me in this learning opportunity at a cost to CALL, and if I am unable to attend this learning opportunity, I will cancel my enrollment as soon as possible and before the start date.
Single Enrollment Disclaimer
I understand that I can register for only one course at a time (no concurrent courses). If I do not attend this course, I understand that I may forfeit the opportunity to enroll in additional CALL courses during this fiscal year.